These High-Protein Lentil Salad Wraps are quick to make, healthy, and great for meal prep. A satisfying vegan lunch or dinner. High in iron and fiber, budget-friendly, and kid-approved. Oil-free.
Fresh herbs, and a creamy tahini Dijon dressing, transform lentils and cucumber into a mouthwatering and nourishing salad. Cook the lentils ahead of time and make this salad (or wrap) in just 10 minutes.
- Fresh mint and parsley brighten up this dish, and pack in flavor.
- Lentils (brown or green) add protein, iron, and fiber.
- Cucumber tastes refreshing, and adds a delightful crunch.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Tahini is loaded with heart healthy fats, and protein. It gives the dressing a creamy texture.
- Fresh lemon juice adds a tanginess that perfectly balances the hint of sweetness from the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
See recipe card for quantities.
Place the lentils in a small saucepan with water to cover by approximately 2 inches high. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until they are al dente. Drain and set aside. (Do this up to 4 days beforehand, and refrigerate the cooked lentils in an airtight container until needed.)
Mix the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Grate the garlic directly into the bowl using a microplane or fine grater. Mix well to combine. (Grating the garlic adds a ton more flavor than mincing.)
Add the desired amount of dressing and mix gently. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
Serve the lentil salad as is, or turn it into a wrap with a spread of your choice.
This recipe is very versatile:
- Lentils - instead of lentils, use cooked chickpeas (homemade or canned)
- Cucumber - substitute with chopped bell peppers, jicama, or sliced radish. Or omit as desired.
- Green onion - replace the green onion with diced red onion
- Fresh herbs - use fresh herbs you already have on hand (cilantro, dill, basil)
- Tortilla - Serve with toasted pita bread instead. Or skip the wrap and enjoy as a salad.
- Hummus - use your favorite sandwich spread instead
Microplane graters are very useful. They are great for zesting citrus, or for grating hard cheeses, nuts, whole spices, garlic, ginger, horseradish, and lemongrass. You can also use them to grate root vegetables over a soup or salad for a hit of flavor!
Try this Lemongrass Turmeric Tofu Curry.
Refrigerate any remaining salad in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
💡 Top tip
Do not overcook the lentils. Cook until al dente, or they will make the salad soggy.
Omit the maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar, and serve as a salad instead of a wrap. Or use a high-protein wrap without added sugars.
Yes! Use precooked store-bought lentils instead to save time, but rinse them well and drain before using.
Lentils do not require soaking. However, it is recommended to sift through them beforehand to remove any stones or debris. Then rinse them in a sieve under running cold water.
👩🏽🍳 Made This Recipe?
Share your High-Protein Lentil Salad Wraps with me on Instagram. It makes my day to see you recreate my recipes.
I would love it if you would ⭐️ rate this recipe and leave a comment. Thank you in advance.
Lentil Tahini Salad Wrap Recipe
- 1 cup dry brown lentils or green
- 1 cucumber small dice
- ½ cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 green onions green and light green parts only, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons tamari preferably low sodium
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice plus more as needed
- 2 small garlic cloves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 soft tortillas or toasted pita bread
- ¾ cup hummus or preferred sandwich spread
- Cook the lentils: Rinse the lentils. Add them to a small saucepan with water to cover by about 2 inches high. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat before reducing the heat. Simmer the lentils for about 15 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the lentils and set aside to cool. (You can make the lentils beforehand and refrigerate for up to 4 days, or until you are ready to make the salad.)
- Make the dressing: Meanwhile, add the tahini, tamari, balsamic vinegar, Dijon,maple syrup, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons water to a medium bowl. Grate the garlic into the bowl using a microplane or fine grater. Mix well to combine. Add more water as needed until the desired consistency.
- Combine the ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the lentils, cucumber, parsley, mint, and green onions. Add the desired amount of dressing. Mix gently until fully incorporated. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Make the wraps: Place about 2 tablespoons hummus along the center of the tortilla. Top with the desired amount of lentil salad, and wrap.
- Cook the lentils until al dente. Do not overcook or they will be mushy in the salad.
- You can make the lentils beforehand and refrigerate for up to 4 days, or until you are ready to make the salad.
- Green onion - diced red onion
- Fresh herbs - cilantro, dill, basil
- Cucumber - chopped bell pepper, sliced radishes, jicama
- For serving: serve this recipe as a salad, or turn it into a wrap. Both are delicious.
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an ESTIMATE only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.