Plant-based protein loaded, Lentil & Pasta Salad with Lemon Tahini is a balanced, budget-friendly salad. Topped with crunchy chickpeas.
Lentil & Pasta Salad with Lemon Tahini is a perfect summer, or all-year-round salad. It satisfies those carb cravings, as well as providing an abundance of nutrients. This balanced salad is substantial meal. Serve as a main course or as a side salad.
More Salad Recipes:
🥗 Why this Recipe is Fabulous
- Loaded with heart healthy fats, plant-based protein, veggies, and fresh herbs, this is a nutritious meal.
- The lemon tahini dressing is versatile. Keep it in your culinary arsenal for other salad recipes.
- This recipe works without the pasta. Omit the pasta if preferred, and add the desired amount of dressing.
- Most types of beans will work in this recipe. Substitute the lentils for 1 ½ cups cooked beans.
📖 How to Make This Recipe
French Green Lentils
Cook the lentils beforehand, or use packaged precooked lentils. In addition to green lentils, Black Beluga lentils also work in this recipe. Substitute the French green lentils for black Beluga lentils to change things up.
Cook the pasta according the the directions on the packet. Use about one fourth of a packet. Or you can omit the pasta all together, if desired. In this case, use less dressing or there will be too much liquid in the salad.
Mix the Salad with the Lemon Tahini Dressing
Make the lemon tahini dressing right before adding it to the salad. This way, the dressing ingredients will be well combined when added to the salad.
Add the dressing. Use a pair of tongs to gently incorporate the ingredients.
Lentils are second to soybeans in amount of plant-based protein when compared with other legumes. Lentils combined with whole grains, such as brown rice, make a complete protein of the same quality as found in meat. But lentils are a healthier choice for your heart and disease prevention.
Radishes are rich in antioxidants and minerals such as calcium, and potassium. These nutrients help lower blood pressure. Radishes are also low in calories and quite filling so you are less likely to overeat.
👩🏽🍳 Made This Recipe?
Share your Lentil & Pasta Salad with Lemon Tahini creation with me on Instagram. It makes my day to see you recreate my recipes.
I would love it if you would rate this recipe and leave a comment. Thank you in advance.
Lentil & Pasta Salad with Lemon Tahini
- 4 ounces dried pasta (¼ packet)
- 15 ounces chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 ½ cups cooked French green lentils (about ⅔ cup dried, cooked and drained)
- 6 small radishes thinly sliced, and roughly chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill plus more for garnish
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice plus more to taste (about 2 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup feta crumbles vegan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet until al dente. Set aside.
- Roast the chickpeas: Toss the chickpeas in the olive oil until fully coated (optional). Roast the chickpeas on a lined baking sheet in a single layer for 12 minutes. Change the oven setting to broil and cook for about 4 minutes more, or until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Make the salad: To a large bowl, add the pasta, lentils, radishes, tomatoes, mint leaves, and dill.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, maple syrup, tahini, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing: Pour the dressing into the large bowl with the salad ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Season & garnish the salad: Adjust lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Top with roasted chickpeas, and vegan feta for serving. Garnish with mint leaves, and dill.
- Roasting the chickpeas is optional. You can skip this step and add them directly to the salad.
- Substitute canned chickpeas with 1 ½ cups cooked.
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an ESTIMATE only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.