This Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings recipe is foolproof. No knife required. Rice paper wraps the high-protein tofu filling. Kid approved.
These dumplings are quick and easy to make. The high-protein tofu filling requires no chopping whatsoever!
Pair your Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings with garlicky greens for a complete meal.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Panko Tofu 'Meat' Noodle Bowl. For another Asian-inspired tofu dinner, try these Miso Soy Tofu and Brussels.
- Extra-firm tofu
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Ground ginger
- Coconut aminos
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Chili garlic sauce
- Rice paper wrappers
See recipe card for quantities.
Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings are foolproof. The detailed instructions, with accompanying images, guarantee success every time.
Use extra-firm tofu for the filling. Make sure to press your tofu beforehand. Or you can purchase super firm tofu which requires no pressing.
How to fold Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings:
Browning your Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings
- Tofu - skip the tofu and use a different filling of your choice, keeping the quantity to about 5 tablespoons for each dumpling
- Vegetables - add shredded carrots and cabbage and cook with the tofu crumbles
- Oil-free - omit the sesame oil, and enjoy your dumplings without browning
You don't need an air-fryer to make these Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings. Pan-frying gets them just as crispy and golden. The benefit of using an air-fryer is that much less oil is needed for browning.
These dumplings are best eaten immediately. Refrigerate any remaining tofu filling in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
💡 Top tip
Double wrap your dumplings so they don't fall apart when browning.
They are typically made from a mixture of rice flour, tapioca flour, water, and salt.
Soak them in warm water for about 10 seconds, or until they are just pliable. Don't over soak or they will stick together and easily rip. Note that they will continue to soften even after removed from the water.
👩🏽🍳 Made this recipe?
Please leave a review for Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings and share your creation with me on Instagram. It makes my day to see you recreate my recipes.
I would love it if you would ⭐️ rate this recipe and leave a comment. Thank you in advance.
Easy Vegan No-Chop Dumplings
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 ¼ ounces fresh basil leaves (about 2 packed cups)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 2 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 12 rice paper wrappers (about 9-inches in diameter)
- Neutral flavored cooking oil for pan-frying (optional)
- Crumble the tofu: Use your hands to break the tofu up into small crumbles. If using, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook tofu & basil: Cook the tofu for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Roughly tear the basil leaves and cook with the tofu for 1 minute more.
- Add seasonings: Add the ginger, coconut aminos, tamari, toasted sesame oil, maple syrup, and chili garlic sauce and cook for about 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Prepare rice paper: Wet 1 rice paper wrapper in warm water for 10 seconds (or according to packet directions). Transfer the wrapper to a paper towel and pat dry. Lay flat on a large cutting board.
- Add filling & wrap: Place 5 tablespoons of the tofu filling in a line along the center of the wrapper, from left to right, leaving enough space on either side to fold. Fold the top of the wrapper downward, snugly covering the filling. Fold in one of the sides, followed by the other side. Then fold the bottom of the wrapper upward to cover the filling, forming a small rectangle.
- Wrap again: Wrap the first rectangle inside a second rice paper wrapper using the method above. (The filling should now be wrapped inside 2 rice papers.) Repeat for the remaining 5 dumplings, for a total of about 6 dumplings.
- Air-fry dumplings (option 1): Brush each dumpling lightly with oil and air-fry until lightly golden brown. (400ºF, about 3 minutes)
- Pan-fry dumplings (option 2): Heat enough oil to reach about one third way up the side of the dumplings. Once the oil is hot, cook the dumplings for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- There is no need to pan-fry or air-fry these dumplings unless you want them to be crispy.
- For oil-free, omit the sesame oil and toasted sesame oil, and do not air-fry or pan-fry the dumplings.
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an ESTIMATE only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.
Is there a substitute for coconut aminos please?
Use more tamari instead.
I just tried this recipe and it was so perfect! Never thought to wrap these twice and airfry. Such a great idea!
Yay. I'm so glad you tried the recipe. Thank you.