Oyster Mushroom Noodle Stir-Fry
Oyster mushrooms are the perfect meat substitute in this easy, vegan Oyster Mushroom Noodle Stir-Fry. Healthy, Asian-inspired, kid-approved.
Servings: 3 people
- ¼ cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochujang or 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ pound oyster mushrooms or sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 ounces noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or neutral flavored
- 1 cup julienned carrots or coarsely shredded
- 6 green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 baby bok choy stems trimmed, outer leaves separated, and small inner leaves left attached
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, toasted sesame oil, and gochujang. Set aside.
Cut the mushrooms: Use the tip of a sharp knife to cut the oyster mushrooms from the firm central stem. Discard the firm stem.
Cook the noodles according to the directions on the packet until al dente.
Cook the mushrooms: Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet or wok. Stir-fry the mushrooms for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Cook the vegetables: Add the carrots, and green onions to the skillet and stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until the carrots are just tender. Add the bok choy and cook for about one more minute, or until the leaves are just wilted.
Combine the ingredients: Add the cooked noodles, and sauce to the skillet and mix to combine. Fold in the mushrooms and heat until warmed through. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- I used Guanmiao noodles (made from wheat flour) to make this recipe, but most types of noodles will work, including rice noodles.
- Oyster mushrooms can be substituted for ½-pound sliced shiitake mushrooms.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 7302IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 4mg