This recipe for Tofu Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is quick, delicious, vegan, and budget-friendly. A dinner the whole family will love. Kid approved.
- 6 cups dried pasta
- For the sauce:
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons mellow or white miso
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (preserved in olive oil)
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Pasta: Cook the pasta according to packet directions until al dente. Reserve two cups of the pasta cooking water.
- Sauce: Place the tofu, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, and miso in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping the sides of the container with a spatula as needed.
- Cook: Transfer the sauce to a large sauté pan. Add one cup of the reserved pasta cooking water and whisk to combine. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently. When the sauce is warm, mix in the pasta, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook over low heat until warmed through, adding more pasta cooking water as needed.
- Season: Add fresh lemon juice, and crushed red pepper.
Remember to save the pasta cooking water for finishing the sauce.
Use sun-dried tomatoes preserved in olive oil.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: tofu, vegan pasta recipe, easy vegan recipe, high protein vegan dinner