This recipe for Thai Tofu Burgers with Thai Red Curry Dressing is the ultimate vegan burger recipe. It's rich in protein, unique, and flavorful.
- 1 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu, pressed
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced shallots (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Salt to taste
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vegan Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Maple syrup to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Tofu: In a large bowl, crumble the tofu into chunks resembling ground meat.
- Batter: Add the flour, basil, shallots, Thai red curry paste, cilantro, tomato paste, sriracha, and coconut aminos. Add salt.
- Batter: Use your hands to incorporate the ingredients and massage into a dough-like texture. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Patties: Form about 4 patties, each 1/2 cup in size. Bake on a non-stick or lined baking sheet for about 7 minutes, or until golden on top. Flip the patties over and bake for about another 7 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Dressing: Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, Thai red curry paste, fish sauce, and lime juice. Add maple syrup to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the patties when serving.
All-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, and chickpea flour will all work in this recipe.
Tamari or soy sauce can be substituted for vegan fish sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: burgers, tofu, vegan