Healthy Protein-Packed Quinoa & Kale Salad is loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and heart healthy fats. A budget-friendly, easy vegan dinner.
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced or grated into dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cups pomegranate seeds, chopped apple, or blueberries
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 medium avocado
- Toast nuts & seeds: Transfer pepitas and almonds to a medium rimmed non-stick baking sheet. Toss with tamari, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Bake at 350ºF for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Make dressing: Add the olive oil, garlic, Dijon, lemon juice, vinegar, and maple syrup to a medium jar. Cover and shake well until fully incorporated.
- Assemble salad: Transfer the kale to a large bowl. Add about one third of the dressing. Massage the kale with the dressing until just wilted. Add the quinoa, pomegranate, chickpeas, parsley, pepitas, almonds, and avocado. Toss with the remaining dressing for serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan salad, healthy vegan recipe, kale salad, chickpea salad, quinoa salad, vegan bowl