Plant-based protein loaded, Lentil & Pasta Salad with Lemon Tahini is a balanced, budget-friendly salad. Topped with crunchy chickpeas.
- 4 ounces dried pasta (1/4 packet)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked French green lentils (about 2/3 cup dried lentils, cooked, and drained)
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced, and roughly chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste (about 2 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan feta crumbles (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet until al dente. Set aside.
Roast the chickpeas: Toss the chickpeas in the olive oil until fully coated (optional). Roast the chickpeas on a lined baking sheet in a single layer for 12 minutes. Change the oven setting to broil and cook for about 4 minutes more, or until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
Make the salad: To a large bowl, add the pasta, lentils, radishes, tomatoes, mint leaves, and dill.
Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, maple syrup, tahini, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the dressing: Pour the dressing into the large bowl with the salad ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
Season & garnish the salad: Adjust lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Top with roasted chickpeas, and vegan feta for serving. Garnish with mint leaves, and dill.
Roasting the chickpeas is optional. You can skip this step and add them directly to the salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan salad, pasta salad, lentil salad, summer salad, easy vegan recipe