Garlic Roasted Vegetables & White Beans is an easy, 9-ingredient recipe. Pantry and budget-friendly. A healthy vegan weeknight dinner. Oil-free option.
- 1 medium head garlic, top sliced open
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced finely (about 1 tablespoon), plus 1 tablespoon whole leaves
- 8 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 carton grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- 2 (15-ounce cans) navy, Great Northern, or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Place the garlic in a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cover. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, Rub the oil onto the exposed cloves. Toss the rosemary leaves onto the garlic and wrap. Place the garlic in the oven.
- Transfer the potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes to a large casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the minced rosemary, and thyme. Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and salt to taste. Toss the ingredients until the vegetables are evenly coated. Place the vegetables in a single layer.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and place it in the center of the vegetables. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender, tossing after 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the garlic and squeeze to remove the cloves. Add the cloves to the vegetables. Mix in the beans. Add more balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
For oil-free: Omit the olive oil. Add a drizzle of balsamic to the head of garlic as well as the vegetables for roasting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: bean casserole, roasted vegetables, easy vegan dinner, budget-friendly vegan, pantry-friendly vegan, roasted potatoes