Baked, kid-friendly, and rich in plant-based protein, Easy Vegan Chipotle Tofu Burgers are the ideal pantry-friendly dinner.
- 1 14-ounce block extra-firm tofu, pressed, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Make the chia eggs: In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with 4 ½ tablespoons water to make two chia eggs. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Use your hands to break up the tofu into small crumbles into a large bowl.
- Add burger ingredients: Add the mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, shallots, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard seed, paprika, chipotle powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl. Add salt to taste. Use your hands to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the chia egg, and use your hands to fully incorporate the ingredients, squeezing the tofu into a dough-like mixture. Let the mixture rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Form the patties: Using ½ cup measurement for each, form the patties. Transfer them to a medium baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake the patties: Bake for 10 minutes before carefully flipping the patties over. Bake for about 20 minutes more, or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes to set.
- For serving: Serve with hamburger buns and desired toppings.
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce Brands: Annie's, The Wizard's
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan burgers, tofu burgers, easy vegan dinner, kid-friendly vegan dinner