Easy Soy Curl & Vegetable Stir-Fry is a healthy vegan meal loaded with plant-based protein. A quick & delicious weeknight dinner. Kid-approved.
- 1 (8-ounce) packet soy curls
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- Drizzle of neutral flavored cooking oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- Soak the soy curls in water to cover by about 2 inches for 10 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Add the tamari, rice vinegar, dark soy sauce, mirin, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, and ginger to a medium bowl. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Toss soy curls with cornstarch: Drain the soy curls well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cornstarch and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Cook soy curls: Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the soy curls for about 7 minutes in batches until golden brown. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Cook vegetables: Add more oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high. Cook the shallots for about 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic, serrano, and bell pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes more, or until the bell pepper is just tender.
- Add the soy curls, and sauce. Cook for about 3 minutes more, or until the sauce starts to bubble. Serve with a grain of your choice.
I used Butler Soy Curls for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: soy curls, plant-based protein, vegan stir-fry, Asian-inspired vegan dinner