These Crispy Roasted Potato Bites are moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. This recipe uses all the tried-and-true potato cooking methods to make the most perfect potatoes.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- Olive oil for roasting
- Chopped fresh herbs to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Boil Potatoes: Bring about 5 cups water to a boil, or enough to cover the potatoes by 2-inches. Add 1 tablespoon salt, and the potatoes. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until the potatoes are just fork tender but still meet some resistance in the middle.
- Shake Potatoes: Drain the potatoes and transfer them back to the empty hot saucepan for 30 seconds so they dry out. Give them a good shake in the saucepan to rough them up and break up the outer layers. The outsides should look a bit messy. Transfer the potatoes back to the colander.
- Heat Oil: Use a large, rimmed baking sheet that can fit the potatoes in a single layer without them touching. Add enough olive oil to the baking sheet to cover the base. There should be a very thin layer of oil. Place the baking sheet with the oil into the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the oil shimmers but is below the smoke point. Remove the baking sheet and place the potatoes onto the hot oil. Sprinkle with salt. Use a spatula to toss the potatoes in the oil until they are coated. You can add some chopped fresh herbs if desired.
- Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes without disturbing. Toss the potatoes and roast for about another 10 minutes, or until crispy. Add salt to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: roast potatoes recipe, home fries, oven baked potatoes