This recipe for Creamy Tahini Chickpeas & Veggies is a quick, easy and nourishing vegan dinner with a delicious, lemony tahini dressing. (Option for oil-free.)
1 can chickpeas (14 ounces), drained, and rinsed
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite size florets
Drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of dried herbs
Dash of paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large avocado, sliced
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing:
2/3 cup tahini
Juice of 2 medium lemons
Zest of one medium lemon
1/3 cup water, plus more as needed
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Prepare Baking Sheets: Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, or use non-stick sheets.
- Prepare Chickpeas & Vegetables: Rub the chickpeas between two layers of a large kitchen towel to remove the skins (optional). Transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl with the sweet potato, and broccoli. Drizzle with olive oil to coat. Add a generous dash of garlic powder, dried herbs, and paprika. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets in a single layer.
- Roast the chickpeas and vegetables for 15 minutes. Toss them so they cook evenly. Roast for about 10 minutes more, or until the chickpeas are crispy and the sweet potato is fork tender.
- Prepare Dressing: Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a medium bowl, add the tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, and water. Grate the garlic into the bowl using a microplane grater. Whisk to combine. Add the maple syrup, and more water as needed until the dressing is the desired consistency and sweetness. Season with salt.
- For Serving: Serve the roasted chickpeas and vegetables with avocado slices. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing.
For oil-free, substitute the olive oil for fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
For extra crispy chickpeas, broil them at the end for about 2 minutes.
Refrigerate any remaining dressing in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, sheet pan recipe, easy vegan dinner, chickpeas, sweet potato