Quick & easy, vegan 7-Ingredient Brown-Butter Butternut Squash Pasta is a budget-friendly and kid-approved meal. Perfect for weeknights.
- 1/2 (16-ounce) packet pasta (8 ounces)
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into 3/4-inch-pieces (about 4 cups)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces vegan butter (1/2 cup), preferably unsalted, cut into equal-sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Roast the squash: Transfer the butternut squash to a large bowl. Toss with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Make the sauce: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large light-colored skillet over medium heat. Heat the butter for about 5 minutes, or until it is bubbly, golden brown, and has a rich, nutty aroma. Once the butter smells nutty, remove the skillet from the heat and mix in the garlic, walnuts, and sage. Return to the heat and cook on low for about 1 minute more, or until the garlic is aromatic.
- Assemble: Mix in the roasted butternut squash, and the desired amount of pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: butternut squash, fall dinner, vegan pasta, brown butter, easy dinner recipe